Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I got email!

Dear SG,

Today is a public holiday in New Zealand. It's called the ANZAC day. I wasn't very motivated to find out about this special day until I received an email from Victor and I had to reply him. (hee...) Here is what Victor wrote:

From: Victor Chua
Subject: Have a good ANZAC day

>Hello Aunty Joan.
>I remenber today is ANZAC day.
>ANZAC day is a special holiday.
>Have a good ANZAC day.
>By Victor.


Isn't this sweet? :D

Victor is turning 7 years old this year and he loves writing. To encourage him to write lots, I've created an email account for him on Feb 24 and started a blog for him too. He didn't like to blog much, but he checks his email everyday. Sometimes when he wants to tell his parent something but they are not home, he email them instead! kekeke...

This email account gave us a chance to send him links leading to educational websites while keeping track on his writing abilities when he replies. Ann is considering a children's creative writing class for Victor. Instead of whining about the additional class he might have to attend, Victor is actually very pleased with the idea. All we have to do now is to keep a lookout for such a class.

I am really proud of him, he attends additional Chinese class and Maths class which he's pretty ok with, and swimming class which he likes. And now he wants Creative writing class! He sure is a busy busy boy.

Check out victor's blog below:
http://victor-chua.blogspot.com/

Because of his email to me, I now have to find out what exactly is ANZAC day so that I can reply his email and tell him why ANZAC day is so special. He loves information and the best thing about him is that he remembers them! This makes him a joy to teach.

Check out my next blog on ANZAC day.

with love from NZ,
J

No comments: