Saturday, February 24, 2007

Spiders!!!

Dear SG,

It's summer in Auckland... ok ok, correction... summer's nearly over in Auckland. One thing I notice about here is that during summer time, there's plenty of spiders to go around. We don't usually see that in Singapore except in really dark places or corners. The spiders here are really active, I could clean away the beautiful web in the morning and 2 days later, it's back again in its formal glory. (or, even prettier than before!) It's like the spiders are mocking at us for the useless effort.

Some comparison:
Number 1:
- Spider webs in Auckland are very very very very sticky..... insects get stuck in the web pretty often.

- Singapore spiders should put more glue into their web.

Number 2:
- Kiwi Spiders are very hardworking. They rebuilt their web very quickly, probably becuase they only have couple of months to feed themselves before they go into hiding again.

- SG Spiders are out all year round, i guess that's why they can afford to take their time?

Number 3:
- Kiwi spiders are like rugby players, they are mostly big and strong (and scary)... :p

- SG spiders are like ladies' man, only good for scaring girls. (they are too small to frighten big, strong guys.)
PS. I have to write this sentence because I have a very impressionable little boy beside me right now watching every sentences I am typing.... :p


I wish I can take a photo of the spider web i've seen here, but at this moment, i couldn't find my camera. :p I'm not too sure if I could take a really good shot of the web, it's pretty tricky because the webs are really fine. Hopefully I could get one and post it up there next time.

with love,
J

No comments: