Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Interaction

You know how we adults would repeat an action if it makes the baby laugh, what if the baby could do the same for us?

2 days ago, I put Karen’s back to my front and sit her down to play on our bed. She would reach forward to grab her toy and put it in her mouth (as usual). She was able to sit up by herself now but would still lose her balance now and then so it’s important we watch her closely.

Since I just got back from work and was exhausted, I lay down across the pillow just to observe her from behind.

Then she decided to flip backward and her head hit me hard on my tummy as I was sheltering her from the back. In case she was frightened by the fall, I laugh to settle her down. She had this big grin when I laugh and decided to sit upright again. Then out of the blue, she flipped backward once more and immediately look up at me. I was puzzled so I did a little laugh again. Guess what, she grins and struggle upright, then fell backward, and look up at me AGAIN. And it dawn on me that she was playing with me, trying to make me laugh! Aww….

We did that repeatedly for 5 mins, by then she was laughing along with me. I shouted for Andrew to come look and of course, she stopped and was distracted. Wish I had it video captured but that’s the problem with a baby, they stopped as soon as the camera comes up. Any way, this will be one wonderful memory I will always have, Happy 2009 everyone.



Cross Post from Multiply "Karen's baby step"
http://joantohlau.multiply.com/

1 comment:

Jan said...

Hee...so cute. She can make her mummy repeat the action =P Maybe can show mi again when come for visit in CNY =)