Friday, March 9, 2007

NS reservist!!!

Dear SG,

Andrew received an email saying he needs to go back for his reservist!!! hee... Anyway, he won't be doing reservist because he's working oversea now. All we need to do is to email them back with the documents stating his employment oversea and his work permit, however, our passport is still with Immigration of New Zealand!

Guess we might have to write in and request our passport back if they are not ready to issue us the residency permit yet. I really miss my passport. We can't take our driving license conversion test without our passport. I can't take up any courses without my passport. I felt lost without any proof of my identity. I never knew how much our Identity card (NRIC) and our passport meant to us until now.

with love from NZ,
J

Spot the differences:

Singaporean males has to enlist in the army when they reach 18 years of age

Kiwis males can choose to enlist, join the work force, or do anything they wanted to.

All Singaporean and PR has Identity cards which states their name, address, blood type and race

Kiwis uses passports or in some case, a letter from bank or government department addressed to the person. So far I've applied for library card with the letters, and with no identification to see the dentist, and only uses the passport for opening bank account.

No comments: