Monday, March 5, 2007

The story about the bunny

Dear SG,

David told me a really funny thing lately. Seems that Winnie has read my blog some time ago and she's wondering if my intention to go NZ is just to be fascinated by spiders and stuffs. David told her "no no no.. That’s not all... she even asked me how to catch rabbit and if they bite...”!!!!

Wahahaa..... Ya, ya... I know I often present this innocent fascination and wonder that befits a 10 year old but hey, my body is getting older but not my innocence. kekeke.... I still watch cartoons and Disney Channel with my nephews you know?

Anyway, I will explain the story about the rabbit. A lost lopped-ear bunny was found hoping around the lawn in the front of the house when Andrew and I were having our dinner. Andrew threw some carrots to him but he totally ignored us. Not sure what to do, we went back to our dinner and pray that the bunny knows how to go home. (We saw a few owners here that would just let their cats and dogs out to wander around then let them in again when they come home)

Just when we are about to finish dinner, my sister-in-law had a shock! The bunny managed to go through some unknown opening in the fencing and hopped right into the back yard. We found it hiding at the corner of the fence but none of us knows how to handle it. Yes, I know I’ve battle dogs before and had the scars to prove it. But I am still afraid to handle a cute little bunny. So we go onto Google and search for “How to catch a rabbit?” That’s when I notice David was online and since he had rabbits as pets before, he’s the best person to ask.

To cut a long story short, I only manage to stroke the bunny but it was too afraid for me to catch. It hopped away and came back into the yard again in the middle of the night when we are all asleep. The next morning I continue to give it some fresh water and a stick of carrot and radish. He finished his breakfast and ran off again. By noon, we got a lost bunny notice in the letter box but the bunny never came back. I called the owner and was glad to hear that they had found their pet half an hour earlier. It was hiding in one of the newly build houses and a group of students got him.

We are just happy to know that the bunny is back safely with his owner. The End. :)

With love from NZ,
J

No comments: