Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm losing my roots

Dear SG,

I'm depress.... I may be losing my singapore roots! I'm so nauseous everyday that I can't stand to eat anything because I will just throw them out. I didn't even want to be thinking about my next meal. When did you ever hear of a Singaporean that dislike food? Food is part of our culture, our national hobby, it's always part of the conversation, main part of a singaporean lifestyle.

While the Kiwi discuss the sports game, Singaporean discuss the latest restrurants or eatery that's attracting a lot of crowd. After a hectic work week, kiwis will wanna relax with a cold bottle of beer and good company. A singaporean workaholic will wanna get all his/her food-craze friend together to go for a huge buffet meal and stuff themselves silly. Kiwi will travel far and wide for the best place to hike, fish, or surf. Singapore will queue for hours if the food is worth it.

Food is such a big thing in SG, it's our national pride because you can practically find any food from any part of the world there. Oh well, almost anything as long as it tempted the Singaporean taste bud. ;)

Food glorious food.... (running to the bathroom to puke...)

(back from the bathroom to finish this post) with love from NZ,
J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry about puking and stuff. at a later stage, u'll probably be eating double portion :p

Anonymous said...

poor thing...sayang sayang..

Anonymous said...

try all sorts of ways about the puking ok?

small meals? soupy stuff? milk? bread? fruits?

for stupid reason, sodas worked for me and mints...

it will get better, trust me. and if its really bad, ask for meds? try not to dehydrate....

take care! u can gorge yourself silly next time, dun worry